Bamboo x-treme® patio boards - Oiled surface
With MOSO® Bamboo X-treme® you can build a beautiful terrace made of naturally grown bamboo, for your terrace, balcony, swimming pool area
or other outdoor spaces. The organic and durable alternative to the classic tropical hardwood varieties.
Plank dimension: 20x137x1850 mm. (1 plank covers 0.25 m2)
Profile: Smooth on one side and grooved on the other.
Surface: Finished on both sides from the factory and can therefore be used immediately.
Installation: Mounted concealed with mounting clips or screwed visibly with stainless steel screws.
Recommended spreading distance: 46 cm. - There must be bedding under end joints.
Warranty: 10 year product warranty.
Watch video about installation here: https://youtu.be/Nr19-iNcDEU
Advantages of choosing a bamboo terrace:
- Extremely hard and durable. The only bamboo terrace with class 1 durability (EN 350) tested according to CEN / TS 15083-2 Unusually hard: Brinell> 9.5 kg / mm2.
- High stability. Far more stable than tropical hardwood, which makes it possible to assemble the planks with fer / groove over the ends. (impossible with other hardwood boards).
- Very easy to install thanks to the fixed plank length of 1850 mm. as well as the attachment with hidden clips in the groove in the side of the board.
- A beautiful natural hardwood look. Gets greyish after one year if not maintained with oil. The brown color can also be maintained by oiling annually.
- Endless resources. The plank is made of Moso bamboo, the fastest growing plant on earth. Each strain can be harvested after 5 years and the plant continues to grow.
- CO2 neutral. Official LCA and Carbon Studies (ISO 14040/44) confirm that Bamboo X-treme® is CO2 neutral throughout the life cycle.
- Fireproof. Achieving flame spread index Class A according to American standard ASTM E84 and fire resistance class Bfl-s1 following EN 13501-1 can therefore be used in public projects.
MOSO® Bamboo X-treme® is designed to last a lifetime. Thanks to a special, patented, Thermo-Density® production method, it is extremely durable. The proof is that over 2.5 million m2 have already been installed in many different climates worldwide. MOSO® Bamboo X-treme® is very stable, which allows the use of concealed mounting with clips. It is also possible to mount the planks in special patterns. The superior stability has another great advantage: it means that the planks can be assembled over the end with a precise fer / groove joint which means that no large cracks occur in the end joints.
Moso bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants on earth. The bamboo stems grow from an underground root system and after 5 years a strain can be harvested while the others continue to grow. This means that bamboo can be used without destroying Forest. After harvesting, the Moso bamboo bars are divided and the outer "bark" removed. By changing the bamboo strips with a special patented Thermo-Density® process, Bamboo's dimensional stability will be improved by approx. 50%. The heat treatment at 200 ° C also ensures protection against superficial mushrooms and makes the highest durability class possible. After compression of the heat-treated bamboo strips, the material is stronger and harder than almost any other hardwood type. Brinell value = 9.5. That's why we call it: MOSO® Bamboo X-treme®.
For more information, please visit this product's webpage.