Ipe Terrace boards 20x140 mm.
Wood is a natural material and it can therefore not be expected that the colors are the same for all the planks supplied. The tree can swing from being dark brown / deep red to almost golden. Unfortunately, it is not possible to display the color play exactly on images or smaller samples as the planks are never the same.
Since the quality of the wood is always slightly oscillating, one must always count on approx. 5-7% extra for cutting waste if there is anywhere to cut something.
On many boards, there may be "stream marks" from the storage. These marks will disappear over time if the terrace is not treated. If the terrace is to be oiled, we recommend that the terrace be sanded lightly before treatment and any power signs disappear.
Ipe 20x140 mm. decking. The boards can vary +/- 5 mm.
• Both sides smooth
• Chamfered edges on long sides
Consumption: 6.7 meters per. m2
Ipé resembles color teak, ie. a variation from yellow-brown to red-brown. If the terrace planks are oiled, the color is preserved and will eventually darken. Ipé will patinate to a grayish color without surface treatment.
The planks must be attached to the substructure with stainless steel outdoor screws.
Minimum purchase is 100 meters or 14 m2.
- Wood type: Ipé (Tabebuia spp. - also called "Brazilian walnut")
- Application: Suitable for outdoor construction projects such as terraces, garden bridges and sea ropes.
- Durable and dimensionally stable
- Quality: FAS (best export quality) - natural, minor variations can occur.
- Produced in South America with careful consideration of the environment and working conditions
- Dark brown color with exciting color differences and shades
- Width: 140 mm
- Thickness: 20 mm
- Density: Approx. 1100 kg / m3
- Moisture content: Air-dried
- Surface: Smooth
- Lengths: 215-605 cm. The boards are supplied in decreasing lengths, ie different lengths. If you have a desire for a special length, it can be entered in the comment box during the booking. If we cannot deliver the length you want, we will contact you to find another length you might use instead. If we cannot deliver the lengths you want, you are free to subsequently cancel your order. Unfortunately, we have no inventory of lengths as it changes all the time.
- There may be currents in the planks. When you have mounted the planks, any current marks usually disappear after 1-2 months.
- Maintenance: If you want the planks to retain their original color and want to protect them from wind and weather, treat them with oil once or twice a year. If, on the other hand, you want the wood to achieve a silver-gray color, simply refrain from finishing them.
- Good advice for mounting: To prevent the planks from slipping, it is a good idea to keep a distance of 8 mm between them so that they are supplied with sufficient air to ensure good ventilation. Furthermore, one should mount the planks so that they lie with a smaller drop. When doing so, rainwater can run off the boards, avoiding moisture damage due to stagnant water.